Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year's Day

The new year has suddenly arrived! I have been fighting a bout of anxiety this past week but with a lot of prayer and a lot of concentration, I think I may have reigned it in a bit.  Let me just type, that come January 14th I will feel much better. I have a lot on my plate in the WORK category (I know! I kind of can't believe it either!), in the next few weeks, so I am trying to gear up, be ready, have food for the family and all the energy I need to succeed!  

I have been thinking a lot about goal setting. I do love a good goal. I love a fresh start. I love the new year. Last year at this time I was focused on the house and getting pregnant.  I read a quote recently on facebook: 

We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
- E. M. Forster, novelist (1 Jan 1879-1970)

I had 2015 all planned out, but My Father above had a different plan for my family and me. The wonderful thing about personal revelation, is this: Even though it is painful to receive an answer to your question that you did not want to receive, there is peace knowing the answer is Divine.   2015 started with me focusing on a future child for our family, but come spring I veered to the right to focus on the children I already have. I have spent many hours in prayer, meditation & action toward my first born. I have felt much closer to her as I have served her.  To be successful at this, I have to revisit those first days with her back in 2002. That helpless babe has not changed all that much since that time.  Her needs are still of high priority and require more energy than I could have ever imagined.

2015 found my very station in life threatened almost constanly. I have been fighting the good fight, barely hanging on as the attack on my role as Mother has supremely rocked my world.  My mantra: this time is precious. It is temporary. It is fleeting. It is the best work.  I can do this. I CAN do this.
This girl is all tied up in knots about her 2016. She is super excited to start High School but anxious to know WHERE exactly that will be. We all are!

This girl has been setting goals that mostly land in the category of being more organized and more kind....I think it's going to be hard because she seems to be quite organized and kind already:

When we originally installed this mural on the wall, I didn't think of this idea...but it seems like a solid one: Take a photo of ourselves next to it every January! This wall portrait was taken around Jan. 1 in 2015.  It could be a fun way to track our family's growth over the years:
This girl has imagination that is on fire and has been exceling at writing and art lately....she is also getting pretty good at her bike. I am SUPER excited for her to start primary at church and SCHOOL in 2016!!!!!
We took a little stroll this New Year's Day and counted our many blessings. We are so grateful especially for our little escape from the city.  It feels nice to just be a little bit more alone than usual. BUT! We also miss all our people too.

Here's to a great 2016! Let's be open and flexible and willing to let go of what we have planned for what may be a greater good in the end!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this very inspiring writing. My mantra this year is very, very similar.

    ReplyDelete