Tuesday, December 15, 2015

I knit: Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief

I follow skein cocaine on instagram and she has weekly auctions for yarn. It is fascinating. Suddenly I find myself buying yarn I never knew I wanted! She included a few skeins of this noro and a pattern and I was sold. Sold!

It was my first shawl. I learned a new skill: Garter tab.

My needles were too small so the stitches got all scrunched together --that was the only bummer part of this project and it was all my fault.

I am a little unsure how to wear a shawl to my liking, but I figured out one way to tie it. I hope the recipient finds a groove with it too.  She is a dear friend and it is a big birthday for her.  I love knitting for people, because I literally think of them while I knit each stitch.









No comments:

Post a Comment