Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Eve

Our first Christmas up at the house! I knew I wouldn't want to cook on Christmas, so I chose a BEAUTIFUL restaurant for us to have Christmas Eve Dinner.  It is so festive right?






Darby was on Santa watch the whole time...in between taking selfies.


I dreamt of attending a Christmas Eve Candlelight Servie at one of the old quaint churches we drive by all the time.  We chose our church based on location and time of service. My children who are regular church goers had bad attitudes inside and lukewarm attitudes on the outside.  Pickle was BEYOND. SO HYPER, walking all over the benches, destroying the candles crazy town. At one point I was standing in the back with her thinking: I am the ONLY one who wants to be here singing all the carols and I am standing in the back. Jason read my mind and relieved me.  The girls were TOO EXCITED about Santa to concentrate on the real reason for the season (I don't blame them).  I have been trying to keep Christ in Christmas for the entire season and to be honest, we keep Christ in the conversation ALL YEAR, so I didn't blame them.

When it was time for the PEACE BE WITH YOU's we made our exit. The woman womanning the door explained: It's not over yet.

I know. Hangs head, shakes it....

I was pretty disappointed but now I know there are so many to choose from, I could attend candlelight services all night next year. I will return and I will stay the whole time...another year.

Cookies for Santa.

Santa came!

More on the balance board below later...

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...















1 comment:

  1. I love the gifts that inspire creativity and imagination!

    ReplyDelete