Monday, November 30, 2015

TURKEY TROT

This year we broke TRADITION. Jason and Phoebe have made it to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day every year for the past 13 years! The girls were sad to miss it.

We considered parading it in the morning and then driving up to the house and having Thanksgiving dinner on Friday, but thought better of it due to logistics...

In place of the parade, we participated in a 5k Turkey Trot. The kids did so well.  Ethan even finished 3rd in his age group!  Phoebz got a head ache (I think due to the fact she would not wear a hat)--and so the only walkers (pickle and me)--turned around when she crossed our path in the out and back and helped her make it to the finish.  The costume element was VERY fun, and I can picture myself competing in the COSTUME portion of the 5k in the future.


 The race didn't provide safety pins for our numbers so we pulled out Grandma Glass' old broaches that we inherited.  Very festive.


I wanted our breakfast to be memorable so I made a special trip to Williamsburg's The Bagel Store and picked up some rainbow bagels and funfetti cream cheese!





No comments:

Post a Comment