Friday, October 2, 2015

I Knit: Garter Gaiter


My cousin experienced a tragedy this past summer. She lost her teenage son to suicide. When I first heard, my mother heart broke open.  I had lunched with her just a few months before and He was the subject of much of our conversation, so it was that much more devastating to me, having known the struggle beforehand.

She has handled it with so much grace and strength. She is an inspiring woman anyway, but watching her grieve publicly has been an inspiration.

Often when I am working through something, I turn to my needles, and this was no exception.  My favorite fiber is alpaca and favorite colors are pink. She wears pink often too, so I knew I needed to make her a warm and fuzzy cowl to show my love during this difficult time.




No comments:

Post a Comment