Monday, September 14, 2015

Summer Yarn Bomb

In the spring I noticed a group of people planting seeds and creating  a makeshift garden plot. They put this sign up too.  It is a truly NASTY area near the train. I felt inspired to try to beautify the area in my own special way.  I put out a call for yarn bomb items and had a few responses! It was always blazing sun when I yarn bombed and this chain link fence is angled so it is VERY hard on fingers to add anything/  I had to do it in small doses. 

After a few weeks I noticed another flower added that I had not put there! And a few weeks after that, a sun was added! I was thrilled!

My Mom crocheted a bajillion flowers on her way to visiting us for the summer and hers were the finishing touch at the end.  By that time all those seeds had become flowers and it looked lovely!

I will not soon yarn bomb in the summer again---TOO HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment