Thursday, June 25, 2015

LOVE YOUR BLOCK: SUMMER YARN BOMB

Several weeks ago I saw a group of my fellow New Yorker Neighbors beautifying a small portion of the city. It looked like they were planting, mulching and landscaping.  Later I noticed they finished the job with a homemade sign that said Love your Block.

I let that sit for a bit and then decided I could join in on this beautification with some yarn bombing.

Here is the invitation for you to participate in the Summer Love Your Block Yarn Bomb! Just knit or crochet flowers, insects, clouds, suns, whatever seems like it would go well on this fence.  The fence is a bit tricky to navigate as it is made on an angle, not flat like most chain link fences....so remember to leave me some ends so that I can easily tie it up!

The Deadline is Autumn. I will be bombing it as I receive items. 

Send them here:

GLASS POSSE
PO BOX 1151
LIC NY 11101

THANKS!

Here is the first installment:




No comments:

Post a Comment