Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I Listen: The Miniaturist

I follow someone on instagram. I am not even sure how I started following her, but she often posts books and she posts a book so often, I think she reads a book a week or a book a weekend. I saw this instagram and I immediately borrowed the audiobook.

I loved it. I keep thinking about it, wondering about the characters.  At first I was a tiny bit lost, but then I also borrowed the kindle version and once I read a few pages I was all straightened out and could go back to the audio.

I learned some things, there were twists at the appropriate time, the strong characters in the book were all women, and I was satisfied with the ending.

I liked the performer as well- especially the way she pronounced the word cloth.

Next up, I really need to read some books on parenting a teenager, so if you have a recommendation--let me know please.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read it! Read The Girl on the Train so you can escape the teenager. haha! Love, your mama

    ReplyDelete