Monday, May 11, 2015

I Knit: Hat and Booties

My neighbor had a baby boy! I wanted to make him something soft and masculine at the same time. I discovered this AWESOME YARN--cascade yarn-- eco duo. It is SO SOFT and beautiful and variegated in such a cool way.


I love how the hat turned out, but then the booties were so big, they fit Pickle.  I hastily bought a smaller ply yarn with a similar vibe (bottom right photo) and knit up some more on my 2's.  Then I had just a tiny ball of this very small yarn left over after many projects and I knit up one more tiny pair. I don't have enough yarn for the ties, so I need to improvise---probably with some sparkly pink.

This pattern is SO CLOSE to the one used for the booties for my Pickle. Her great grandma's neighbor knit them and then wrote up the pattern in chicken scrawl that I can't decipher. I am so glad I found it online!

They are the best booties because they don't fall off! It's definitely my new baby gift go-to pattern!



No comments:

Post a Comment