Friday, February 20, 2015

I Swatch!

I have been listening to a new podcast called WOOLFUL. I am OBSESSED of course. Now I think I need a herd of sheep and a yak to go with them---thanks a lot Ashley.  My eyes have been opened to Brooklyn Tweed and my new life pursuit is to knit one of their sweaters with their yarn and also to be one of their models. It's possible right? Cindy and I did the today show together?!  I spotted Cindy on their site!

LIKE I want to knit THIS SWEATER RIGHT NOW!



thistle?

sap?

almanac?

postcard?

I can't afford it right now. Boo. But I'm using the secret to will the yarn and the pattern into my lap!

GAH! The podcast is making me WANT so much.

BUT! I have had some of my needs satisfied recently when my designer friend asked me to swatch for his fashion design interviews.  He did not give me patterns, just asked me to improvise based on a drawing and then do a cable and a chevron. I felt proud of myself that I could deliver on this request!


It was really fun thinking about doing something on a professional scale.  It gave me a taste of what's it's like to design these patterns that I covet and want to knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment