Friday, August 15, 2014

Social Media Werking

Hey friends, so I started video logging (vlogging) in April and though the learning curve was pretty steep, I think I understand it now.  Youtube is this whole other universe from blogging, very different.  I get a lot more conversations going and a lot more comments and a lot more instagram and twitter followers and it's just a weird shift.  We are almost up to 4000 subscribers in part from Samika Vlogs advertising us (we are a spin off after all) and most recently from the Shaytards liking a video.  That video has now over 20,000 views. The power of a like!

There was a comment from a viewer who began with Shaytards and then went to Samika and then us.  He asked us about our Mormon Faith and so we conversed about it through email and I ended up submitting his name and address for referral on Mormon.org.  He lives in England so there was really no other way for me to hook him up with the missionaries besides through the internet.

And the missionaries showed up! And they taught him and last weekend he was baptized!


I tried to find these missionaries on Facebook and I found the one on the right and friended him, but he has not responded. I hope he knows its me!

I've never shied away from sharing what I know is true, including on our videos.  (You have to watch us sing some hymns for Ash!)

Romans 1:16

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

1 comment:

  1. Kristy this is awesome! That is an amazing story. If only I could speak Spanish I would share this story in my branch. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete