Monday, June 9, 2014

THIS AMERICAN LIFE

This past weekend Jason and I went to RADIOLOVEFEST in Brooklyn and saw a full episode of THIS AMERICAN LIFE live.  It was such a wonderful experience!

The theme was RADIO DRAMA.  They took stories and turned them into an opera, broadway musical, play, dance and threw in a few comedians and musical numbers.

I was a big fan, especially since I had heard most of the stories that the original compositions were based on.  I had seen Ira Glass before in a Q and A setting, and this was totally different.  Jason and I both loved how the participants would start their sentence completely over when they faltered....so that the edit was as easy as possible.  We loved ALL THAT TALENT on one stage.  I felt like I was given such a gift. 

Mike Burbiglia was a surprise and the audience went CUH-razy when he was announced.  It's only 5 bucks to watch it yourself when it finally airs, I highly recommend spending the time and money on it.

Sidenote: Former fellow school mom of mine, tony winner Christine Jones did the set, which reminded me about her awesome THEATRE for ONE which I got to experience once.  She took us on a very special field trip to the set of American Idiot back when Lolly went to pre-k with her son.  It was a great date night.

2 comments:

  1. So, so, so jealous! We are huge fans in our house. Got to see Ira Glass live before but not a whole live show like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have loved this. Sounds like so much talent.

    ReplyDelete