Thursday, June 26, 2014

Mid-day crisis

Around noon today I realized that summer has begun.
Like, for the next eternity of weeks I am going to wake up and all 3 kids are going to bug me all day long.

Turn that off.
Clean your room.
Don't eat pancakes for mid-day snack.
Why the bleep do I STILL not have a working dryer?

The lack of plan and the lack of laundry are getting to me.  I am feeling stuck and opportunistic all at the same time.  What is happening?

I am not quite sure.

I hope it is some sort of hormonal surge, but it isn't quite in the right spot of my cycle.  You know those days when you really shouldn't interact with anyone or make any important decisions? That is how I was feeling today.

Imbalanced.

A sense of unbalance.

Not that last summer's epic road trip could be coined as RELAXING by any stretch of the imagination, but it was an ESCAPE.

Right now all I want to do is sit outside on a chair away from bugs but close enough to nature that my nasacort is working well and knit or read or breath or doze.

That scene is not anywhere on my horizon.  Partly because I have a 2 year old.  Also, because it's SUMMER in the CITY this year and friends, I am starting to really crave that first day of the road trip last year---ESCAPE---POSSIBILITIES--ADVENTURE.

I need to focus and take a breath and be brave. I can do this?

Yes that question mark was not a typo.

Can I do this?

I can do this?

I guess we'll find out.

For now all I can think about is eating chocolate chip cookies.  But I don't have any....

3 comments:

  1. I am right there with you. But I've been in summer a few weeks longer and I am pretty sure I am already failing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Make plans! Make a new one for every day. (Or at least three days a week.) Don't skimp on your sanity. It's one of those things you kind of need...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is completely unrelated but I thought you might enjoy, maybe take a visit to Washington DC, beautiful church: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/25967697/video-drone-flight-over-washington-dc-mormon-temple

    ReplyDelete