Saturday, March 8, 2014

I Read: The Fault in our Stars by John Green


I would like to NOT shout out the people who recommended this book.  I think I even gave it to my Mom for Christmas based on others' well respected opinions of the book. Mom, please verify in the comments.

I would like to NOT recommend this book for you to read and here's why.

I HATE, LOATHE, DESPISE, am FEAFUL of, and am NOT COMFORTABLE with  the subject or characterization or diagnosis of CANCER.

I appreciated the development of a relationship and the brilliant conversational writing skills of Mr. Green.

But I felt pain for the entire experience.

So if you want to feel crappy, read it.  I know Phoebe is going to beg me to take her to see it.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, you did gift this to me for Christmas. I saw the previews for the movie and wondered if I would be able to handle it. Thanks for the warning.

    ReplyDelete