Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I Listen: Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress

The latest in my literary pursuits brought me to listening to Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress.  I have seen the cover of this book on shelves and in stores for years and I was always attracted to the little red shoes on the cover which distracted me from the title.

Mom and I read some Balzac after discussing the lyric: BALZAC! from The Music Man.  I am glad that I had read some Balzac before listening to this book.

If you like books and they have changed your life, you will appreciate this gem of a novel.  I enjoyed BD Wong's performance.  I feel I would have struggled with some of the pronunciation, so I was glad I had listened.  

2 comments:

  1. I thought this book was good. It especially made me so grateful to have a real dentist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I keep thinking about the papaya seed sprouting in someone's tooth....maybe it was guava...

      Delete