Monday, February 3, 2014

Meeting Tim Gunn

I approached Lolly's school and I had 9 minutes to spare before she walked out the door.  It was so cold outside that I decided to pop into Gap Kids just to have a look around.  I really should never do this, because more often than not I end up buying something! I could not resist this romper and these pants and a hoodie for Phoebe that had sequins hearts all over it!  Gah!  There is something about Lolly in a romper, I just love it.

There was a tiny line, and I was tempted to ask if I could just please jump to the front since I had school pick up and was cutting it close, but I decided to just wait it out.

As I exited, Mr. Tim Gunn passed me and headed the direction I was not going.  I think I vocalized an inhale and then turned the way I was going.

It only took me about 2.5 seconds to decide that I would ALWAYS regret not stopping him.

I turned the opposite direction and jogged to catch up with him:

"Mr. Tim Gunn! I know you must get stopped ALL THE TIME, but I just had to tell you that my daughters and I watch your show, this is my third daughter…"

Bends down…"What's her name?"

"Pickle.  My Mom and I always joke around and say, 'If there is one person we could have at our Christmas dinner table it would be YOU!'"

share and "Aw" moment

"Would it be okay if we snapped a pic so that I could show my daughters I met you, they will die."

"Of course! What's your name?"

Takes off glove…shakes my hand as I say: "Kristy Glass"

We take the selfie in which we can see ourselves in the photo and he says, in his perfectly Tim Gunn way:

"I look like your GREAT Grandpa!" laughs.  [well, this is my REGULAR grandpa, so no, you don't!]

"Congratulations on your career, it has been amazing to watch."

"I tell myself I am so lucky EVERY DAY." Shakes my hand again and we part.




And then I tell both girls and their reaction was maybe even bigger than the news we were gonna see Taylor Swift.

3 comments:

  1. Such a great NY moment! I am waayyy NOT into fashion (as you know) but it would be such a pleasure to meet him. One of those genuinely kind and good human beings who deserves all of his success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim Gunn always seems like SUCH a gentleman; truly humble and wickedly intelligent. He's someone who deserves every success that comes his way.

    ReplyDelete