Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cabbage Patch Pickle

A few friends on Facebook shared the Cabbage Patch Kid Crochet hat wig with me.  I knew I would not be able to get away with NOT making one for my Pickle.



I didn't love the ponytail version because I could tell it was a crochet hat with added pigtails.  I wanted it to look more authentic and also be a departure from Pickle's signature brunette bob.

I scoured ebay and etsy and the interwebs to find the perfect Cabbage Patch Kid.  Once I found her, I started formulating how exactly I would turn my Pickle into a real life doll.  I did a little vintage shopping on etsy and accessory shopping on Old Navy and then went to Michaels because I knew they would have the perfect yellow acrylic.

I NEVER thought I would buy a red heart super saver, but this is JUST the occasion!


Voila!  Pickle turned Cabbage Patch Kid.

Can you spot the fake?



I wanted a sweet little song to go with the video, and I really wanted whistling in the song.  Sweet Georgia Brown (by Take 6) became even MORE perfect when I realized that Cabbage Patch Kid General Hospital is located in Atlanta!  Doesn't Georgia Brown SOUND like a CPK name?  I had 2 or 3 myself but the only name I remember is Hyacinthia Hattie.

Want your own CPK Wig? Check out this etsy shop.


7 comments:

  1. Oh my word! How do I love this? Let me count the ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so dang cute. The ribbon around the hat just gives it the final touch! Again way to go knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. This had me laughing. SO. Hard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made my day! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is hilarious. I love how you took her to the lobby. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the cutest thing I have EVER Seen!! You are so creative, loving and fun. She looks like she had the best time too, and once again you proved yourself as a Baby Wranger - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Binge reading your blog... still... I live in the town where Babyland General is located. My youngest son and I moved here when he was 14 and the first day here, which was a weekday, I took him to Babyland. You might think, "a 14 year old boy?" but the thing is, everyone knows this town for that reason and I wanted him to know what it is all about. Fortunately I have two nieces that live just down the road and they love going to Babyland. I also have a brand new granddaughter that will love it too, I'm sure! And... fun fact... White County High School holds their prom at Babyland every Spring because it's the biggest fancy place around!

    ReplyDelete