Monday, January 6, 2014

Marathon: Watchung Reservation

Jason has a goal to run a marathon in every state.  To knock New Jersey off his list, he chose a trail marathon on Saturday.

It was 4 loops of the Watchung Reservation.  It was the morning after the coldest night we have had here in 40 years, and 1 day after our snow day due to the Blizzard of 2013.


After perusing updated photos of the trial on the Facebook site, we decided the womenfolk should stay home.  I think we could have managed watching it, but the sitting in the car for 6 hours while we waited him to pass 4 times was going to be the stir crazy part…especially since the new car has a faulty DVD player---we would definitely be needing a movie (or 2 or 3).

I worried about him a lot, especially when I realized it was taking much longer than his normal 4 hour mark.

6:21:52

was the final time.  His running partner, 1 second later.  I am glad they stayed together, as his running partner usually smokes him when they run together.  I'm told this was just for the crazy experience, not for time.  They stopped in between loops and changed their socks and walked and just tried to get it done.

There were no medals earned for this race, which was disappointing to Jason.  I made him a little makeshift medal to represent the conditions in which he was forced to trudge for twenty six point two miles.



I stayed in my pajamas all day while I pictured him out there.

1 comment:

  1. I am so in awe of this marathon experience! Duck Dynasty in snow. Congratulations for sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete