Saturday, January 4, 2014

I Read! Son by Lois Lowry

It took me a long time to catch the reading bug.  As a kid, I just couldn't get into it.  There were a few books that stood out to me though, and one was The Giver by Lois Lowry.  It was my first taste of literature that featured a dystopian society...and now I love that genre.  The Road, Hunger Games....love it.

As an adult I returned to The Giver and also read Lois Lowry's two subsequent books-The Messenger and Gathering Blue.

While I was researching books to purchase the Bigs for Christmas, I saw that she had written a fourth--Son.

I was pretty excited because it was a book that directly paralleled The Giver (the others, not so much).  I gave it to Phoebe for Christmas, but decided I should read it before she got into it.

I was not disappointed.  It is EXACTLY what you want after you turn that last page of The Giver.  Questions answered!

And, it is the first book I have read since before Pickle was born.  I would like to say I will be reading more, but I stayed up WAY past my bedtime with this one, and the consequences are not so good when you have 3 children.

Highly recommend, especially if you are a fan of The Giver too.

Gonna see the movie? Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges, Taylor Swift? of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment